This rugged box is built around a shallow-mount 8″ subwoofer that lets this enclosure come in at only 5-7/8″ tall, allowing it to fit under many seats or in other tight spots. The down-firing design allows you to stack stuff on top of the sub if it’s in your cargo area. The speaker’s polypropylene cone is designed with reinforcing ridges that add stiffness and a two-level surface that helps the cone retain its shape to reduce distortion. The rubber surround and stress-controlled spider keep things on track for tight, solid bass. Airflow from the cone helps to cool the sub’s voice coil for dependable performance.
With a built-in amp that delivers 200 watts RMS, the PA-W801B gives you plenty of bass output in a minimal package, while the amp’s RCA line-level and speaker-level inputs let you connect to most systems. Onboard controls include input sensitivity, bass boost, and low-pass filter, as well as a phase switch. A wired remote control with a 19.7-foot cable lets you control bass level from the driver’s seat. A detachable power connector makes it simple to disconnect the box for easy removal when you need additional space. With Kenwood’s PA-W801B compact enclosure, that tight spot just could be the right spot.
- ported powered enclosure with one 8″ shallow-mount subwoofer
- ribbed polypropylene cone with rubber surround
- down-firing design for installation flexibility
- stress-controlled spider
- built-in 200-watt RMS amplifier (400 watts peak)
- 8-gauge amp wiring kit required (sold separately)
- frequency response: 32-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 80 dB
- input sensitivity
- bass boost
- LPF frequency
- phase switch
- wired remote with 19.7′ cable
- detachable power connector for easy removal when you need space
- dimensions: 17-11/16″W x 11-13/16″H x 5-7/8″D
- weight: 18-1/2 lb.