Minimalism can be a good thing. The ultra-compact PMX-0 marine digital media receiver doesn’t have a CD player or a built-in amp, so it can fit into the tightest spaces.
Once you’ve hooked up an amp, the PMX-0 will give you the functionality you’d expect from a digital media receiver, including built-in Bluetooth® audio streaming for both Apple® and Android® devices. Simple Secure Pairing, or SSP, makes it easy to pair up and crank it up.
You can also plug a music player into the rear AUX or USB inputs and enjoy your stored music. The USB jack will also come in handy for installing firmware and Bluetooth software updates.
The big, waterproof rotary volume control is easy to find and use, even when you’re wearing gloves. If you’ve installed a sub, the front-panel sub controls allow you to adjust your bass on the fly. Backlit control buttons make it easy to choose the right tunes for a midnight run. And, when you’re paired up, you can use your phone’s voice commands, too.
This IPX6-rated receiver is made for marine and off-road use, with a durable front panel that stands up to moisture, dust, and sunlight. Inside, there’s a coated circuit board that’s water-resistant, too.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- no built-in amplifier (external marine-rated amp required)
- built-in Bluetooth for music streaming (will not make calls)
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
- plays MP3/WMA/WAV files
- inputs: rear AUX input and USB input (with 1A charging)
- outputs: front, rear, and sub preouts
- compatible with optional wired remotes
Other Features and Specs:
- IPX-6 front panel for excellent water resistance
- backlit LED buttons
- compact chassis
- cutout dimensions: 2″H x 2″W
- front panel: 4.125″W x 2.625″H x 1.5″D