Kenwood’s super-compact KAC-M1814 will add new clarity and impact to the basic sound system of almost any kind of vehicle on land or water, and it’ll fit in a lot of places when space is tight. This marine-rated 4-channel amp will pump up your audio system with 45 watts RMS per channel — that’s more than twice the power of most car stereos or marine receivers. The amp uses plastic covers to protect its connections and features a conformal-coated circuit board that keeps out moisture and salt, so the party won’t stop just because of a little wetness.
The KAC-M1814 will accept a signal from just about any source, whether you’re using RCA cables from an aftermarket receiver or speaker wires from a factory radio. When you use the speaker-level inputs, the amplifier will sense the signal and turn itself on, so you won’t need to run a separate remote turn-on lead to the receiver or fuse box. Kenwood goes to great lengths to ensure good sound quality, putting the preamp and output power amp stages on separate circuit boards for better, cleaner performance.
- compact 4-channel amplifier for car, motorcycle, and boat
- 45 watts RMS x 4 at 2 to 4 ohms
- 90 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- conformal-coated circuit board — suitable for marine applications
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on on speaker-level inputs eliminate need for a separate remote lead
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 12-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 15A x 1
- dimensions: 8-5/8″W x 1-13/16″H x 3-15/16″D