Kenwood knows that a dash cam isn’t much good if it only provides grainy video. With Wide Quad HD recording capability and HDR for a clear image night or day, their DRV-A501WDP dual camera system doesn’t disappoint. It loop-records the road ahead (and the road behind) and, with a wireless connection to your smartphone via Wi-Fi, accessing and sharing your video files is a snap. The camera also comes with a 16GB microSD card for storage, along with adhesive- and suction-backed mounts with quick-release functionality. Kenwood also gives you a vehicle charger for power.
This system’s second camera you can use to record the interior of your vehicle or serve as a rear-view cam. Check out your dash cam and rear-view cam views on the dash cam’s 3″ LCD screen as well as on your smartphone, using Kenwood’s Wireless App Link.
Kenwood’s built-in G-Sensor detects hard braking or a collision, and then saves vital video files for a complete record of the event. Built-in GPS geo-tags your files with latitude, longitude, date, time, speed, and direction of travel in order to provide a more complete presentation. Access all of that gathered information easily using Kenwood’s Wireless App Link.
- Wide Quad HD dash cam and portable digital video recorder and rear-view camera
- 3″ LCD display
- includes 26-foot power and video for rear-view cam
- also includes 16GB microSD card, vehicle power cable, and two quick-release mounts (3M tape or suction cup)
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices using Kenwood’s Wireless App Link
- dash cam records video files up to 2560 x 1440p
- built-in GPS
- built-in G-sensor
- parking mode recording with CA-DR1030 hardwire kit (not included)
- built-in capacitor saves video files when power is interrupted
- accepts micro SD cards up to 256GB
- recording resolution: 3.7 megapixel (front camera); 2 megapixel (rear-view); 2 megapixel (both cameras active)