AudioControl’s Matrix Plus 6-channel line driver has long been one of our most popular signal-boosting solutions for amp owners who wanted more powerful sound from their slightly anemic systems. This iteration of the Matrix Plus offers the same outstanding performance, but it’s now 30% smaller in size, so it takes up even less room in your ride. And its board is now conformal coated to help protect internal components from dirt, debris, and vibration.
AudioControl’s Matrix Plus 6-channel line driver will ensure that your sound processors and power amplifiers receive strong, clean signals to perform their best. Many car receivers boast 4- and 5-volt preamp outputs, but that’s at full power. Turn it down to a normal volume level, send the signal through fifteen feet of RCA cabling, and your amps may end up with just a couple of volts — not enough for good clean amplification. Enter the Matrix Plus.
The Matrix Plus boosts the signal from your receiver up to 24 dB, right up to the maximum level accepted by your amplifier or processor. The high-voltage level keeps the noise out of your system, while feeding your amps the signal they need to deliver top performance. The Matrix Plus offers three sets of inputs and outputs for the traditional front/rear/sub setup, but it can also be used in different situations to boost the signals of up to three separate 2-channel source units — like aftermarket CD players, DVD/Blu-ray players, or gaming consoles — if needed.
- 6-channel line driver
- provides up to 24 dB of gain (9.5 volt RMS maximum)
- top-mounted controls for easy adjustment
- three sets of RCA balanced inputs and outputs eliminate noise (switchable to unbalanced mode)
- lights indicate 1-, 2-, or 5-volt output, plus Maximized indicator
- conformal-coated board protects against the elements and vibrations
- subsonic filter on sub output: 33 Hz, 18 dB/oct
- optional wired remote level control available (item 161ACR1)
- recommended fuse rating: 1 amp
- frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB at full output
- dimensions: 7-1/8″W (including cables) x 1-5/16″H x 7-1/8″D